Friday, February 25, 2011

Christmas Day

I am now sooo far behind! I think I got overwhelmed at the thought of sorting through all the Christmas pictures, and then got caught up preparing for a couple of big events. I'll pull out a few pics from Christmas.
We went to visit my family for the holidays. It was the first time in a number of years that everyone was there! We got in quite late on Christmas eve, but made it in time for Christmas morning. It is tough to capture the true pandemonium of Christmas morning at the Coffman's. My personal fav is the naked baby Lucas.


After presents, we hit the pond for some quality broomball/skateless pond hockey.This has been a tradition since before the newest generation, and it has been interesting to see how the little ones have responded.
My family is quite competitive, as you can see by the intense look on the faces here. . . 





And the amount of effort exerted trying to stop the 5 year old from scoring here. . .

After a while, Taylor and Devin decided they had enough and went to poke holes in the ice. You'll have to trust me when I say this is safer than it looks. There seemed to be a thin layer of ice on top, followed by an inch or two of water, with a thick layer of ice below. E and I hung out with them for a while, until they broke through the thick layer, and then decided they didn't need the extra weight :)
At the other end of the spectrum were Lex and Lily, and little Ryan who cried every time his mom tried to remove him from the action.




After pond hockey, it was time to get serious about Christmas dinner. We have a tradition in our house where everyone contributes their favorite dish for Christmas. While this definitely keeps Christmas dinner interesting, it also keeps Mom out of the kitchen all day. This year, at one point, we had the kitchen filled with the men-folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment