Saturday, April 23, 2011

Springtime in Minnesota!

In spite of the snow we had just last week, we believe springtime is finally here! The crocuses have bloomed, literally through the snow, and the tulips are on their way. The battle with the critters has begun, as they promptly ate all my crocuses. I can see a rabbit in the backyard eating things as I write this. In honor of easter, I will leave him alone for now. While people in Minnesota pretend to be tough about the 6 months of winter, everyone comes alive on the first few days of spring. The trails around town are full of people enjoying the weather, and there are smiles on everyone's faces. It is one of my favorite times of year!

One of my favorite things about spring is to see which of my plants survived the winter. Thanks to the healthy layer of snow we had this year, I think everything survived. Roses, Hydrangeas, grapes, and lilacs - I may be out of room to plant anything new this spring! 

We are starting to go on walks again, and got E's swing out. So far, he loves it, and I imagine we will get hours of use out of it. Our jogging stroller is finally getting some use, and I can't wait to get the bikes tuned up for long rides.We went to baby animal month at the zoo, and are hiding our eggs outdoors tomorrow. I'm starting to plan daytrips around the cities to outdoor destinations. Spring is definitely here, and as I become more Minnesotan, there is a smile on my face, too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment