Monday, October 11, 2010

3 mile radius

So, the 3 mile radius may appear to be a randomly chosen distance, but it is, in fact, the exact distance from my house to one of my favorite baby places - the Blooma yoga studio and Health Foundations birthing center. It was part of my prenatal experience with birthing class and prenatal yoga, and now that Everest is here I go there for baby yoga classes, a mom's support group, and a weekly weigh-in with a lactation consultant. Today we attempted to go to a yoga class.

The class was at 10:00. We got a late start, but left by 9:00 and should have been able to make it. E, however, was not interested. After stopping to feed him and change his diaper, we decided to explore Grand Avenue instead. We made it 2.5 miles each way and it took 2 hours to get there, and an hour and a half to get home. We will have to leave earlier if we want to make it next week. Or take the bus :-)

Some highlights from the trip, in no particular order:
- I got an estimate on carpet for our back room of $1000, and think I will continue shopping Craigslist for a rug
- Found I am much more comfortable stopping on the steps of an apartment building to feed E and change diapers than the front yard of someone's house
- While the cheese shop by Macalaster has a very wide variety, they do not have chocolate cheese, which I have been craving ever since Heidi's
- E has a namesake restaurant at exactly 2.5 miles, where we met Dad for lunch - Everest on Grand
- I love the "stringed instrument" store that always has an old man in the front window building a violin. Except today. He was building something much bigger. One day I will go inside, but for now am a bit intimidated by a store that hand makes violins.
- Most of the stores I shop at are between 2.5 and 3 miles
- Kowalski's does not sell any type of pacifier
- Today's diaper bag was way too heavy; I must find something between spartan and huge that works for these long walks!
- E loves to look at trees while we walk

No comments:

Post a Comment